Privacy of your information
NexGen collects personal information about you through your use of the services and the Website, including your registration details; and information relating to your use of the Website and the content you access. If NexGen is unable to collect personal information from you, your use of NexGen’s services may suffer from reduced functionality, and certain features of the service may be disabled.You agree that NexGen may process your personal information:
- all personal information that you provide to NexGen for inclusion in your personal profile will be collected and stored on the NexGen Website to enable visitors to the Website and advertisers to view your profile; and
- where you choose to apply for any role advertised through NexGen your contact details and any information entered into your personal profile will be provided to the advertiser (including any photo you have uploaded);
- where you have placed a listing or advertisement, any information entered into the listing details will be provided to applicants
- where it is necessary for the purposes of a legitimate interest pursued by NexGen, being for ensuring Trust and Safety of users of the service, or NexGen’s internal business purposes (including in connection with any audits, professional advice, research, testing, analytics, fraud prevention, or process and service improvements), to verify your identity, and for promoting and marketing other NexGen products and services to you;
- where necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which NexGen is subject. For example, NexGen may disclose your personal information, including your name and contact details, to the relevant authorities, parties and/or the applicable intellectual property right holders (or their representatives) where the law requires or allows us to do so; and
- for any purpose where you have given your express consent, either as part of the registration process on the Website or otherwise. For example:
- You consent to NexGen publishing your personal information (including photos and showreels) on the Website, and allowing other members to contact you. Your profile will also be accessible from search engines such as Google.
- You consent to NexGen using your images, profile text and/or media files for marketing and promotional purposes.
- You consent to NexGen contacting you from time to time about your registration, account updates, and information about the NexGen Service and features.
If you are a resident of the EU (including the United Kingdom), you also have the right to:
- request the erasure of any or all of your personal information;
- restrict or object to the processing of any or all of your personal information;
- request the porting of any or all your information to another organisation;
- withdraw any consent to processing that you have previously given in respect of any or all of your personal information;
- lodge a complaint regarding our data processing activities as they relate to your personal information with the supervisory authority in your member state.
Please note that where NexGen is not, or is no longer, in a position to identify you within the information we hold (including because of any de-identification techniques we may have employed), then your rights as described above shall not apply.
NexGen will respond to any request made in respect of the above in accordance with the GDPR where you are resident of the EU (including the United Kingdom).
NexGen will respond to any request made in respect of the above without delay, but in any case within one (1) month of a request, or two (2) months where the requests are complex or numerous (in which case, we will inform you of such delay).
Data Minimisation, Retention and Erasure
If you make a request for NexGen to delete your personal information and we no longer have a legitimate purpose to retain your data, we will securely delete your profile and personal data. Any back-up copies of your data will be archived out and deleted within 45 days of your request being actioned.
Despite the above, NexGen may:
- in some cases, retain a copy of your profile and account activity in order to fulfill our Trust and Safety obligations. Data retained for Trust and Safety purposes will be archived and stored in a secure manner after your account has been closed, and will not be accessed unless required for Trust and Safety reasons.
- Retain personal information in an aggregated, de-identified, or otherwise anonymous form, such that there is no reliable way of identifying you from the information.
NexGen will collect, store, use or transmit your personal information securely using technical and administrative security measures as are reasonable in the circumstances and that reduce the risk of accidental or unauthorised loss, misuse, access, disclosure or alteration.
Please note that when providing personal information to NexGen via the Website, the transmission is not completely secure and will depend on your browser and internet settings. NexGen cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to NexGen via its Website and any such transmission is at your own risk.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive, or on your mobile device. NexGen offers many features that are only accessible when cookies are enabled. Cookies also help us to remember your membership details and preferences.
If you visit NexGen with your browser settings adjusted to accept cookies, we understand that you want to use our products and services. However, you can disable cookies at any time.
Third Party Websites
Third Party Services
NexGen may also use third party providers to provide certain services to you in connection with your membership on NexGen. NexGen may disclose personally identifiable information to these third party service providers for the sole purpose of the provision of services to you or in connection with your membership of NexGen.
A list of the categories of third party service providers NexGen uses to provide services to you in connection with your membership on NexGen is provided below:
- web hosting services
- direct marketing services
- marketing and remarketing services
- analytics and reporting services
- site security and monitoring services
- payment services and billing agents
- mobile app services
- social Media services
- collaboration and documentation services
- UK advertiser and marketing services
NexGen will only use trusted third party service providers for the sole purpose of the provision of services to you or in connection with your membership.
NexGen also uses third party remarketing cookies, in particular, Google AdWords. These remarketing services may place cookies on web browsers in order to serve ads based on past visits to our website. This means you may see ads about our service across the Internet, specifically on the Google Content Network (GCN). This
allows us to make special offers and market our service to those who are interested in our service, and only display ads that are relevant to you.
We respect your privacy and do not collect or store any personally identifiable information through Google AdWords or any other third party remarketing system.
If you do not wish to see ads from NexGen you can opt out in several ways:
Spam and your email address
Your email address or Facebook account is used to identify your membership, and to sign in to the site.
After registering with NexGen you will receive regular casting call update emails, containing casting calls and auditions matching your profile. You may also receive our email newsletters, account updates and information about NexGen features, and messages from other NexGen members.
You can easily unsubscribe from most of our emails, either by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link provided in the email, changing your email settings on your profile or by contacting us using the information provided below. Please note that you won’t be able to unsubscribe from some emails relating to important activity on your account (e.g. payment receipts, message notifications)
Witney Associates Group Ltd
71-75 Shelton Street,
London, WC2H 9JQ,